Saturday, July 10, 2010

summer reading

I've always enjoyed reading, even as a kid. I remember plenty of times in the summer, there were days where I'd prefer to stay inside and read than go out and play with all the neighborhood kids. I was even banned from reading when I got in trouble, as punishment. I don't know what it is, but something about having a book you really enjoy and just immersing yourself in it has always been something of a haven for me. You know how some people have a sort of secret-spot or place they go to, and it's all their own? That's how I am when it comes to reading, I suppose. It's my personal hideaway whenever I need it.

Since I've begun University, however, I've been reading a lot less, tragically enough. All the schoolwork and distractions, as well as moving here and taking a while to get accustomed to the library itself has kept me away from my beloved books for far too long. And I couldn't go back and read personal favorites I own either, since I couldn't find the box they were packed up in for the longest time. But all that's over now - I've found and unpacked all my books, bought a few new ones, and have made a few successful trips to the library! Here's my most recent catch:

From Bottom to Top:
- Let Me In, John Ajvide Lingqvist

-
The Naked and the Dead, Norman Mailer
- Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky

No comments:

Post a Comment